Homeschool Art Lessons & Classes




Trained in art in college, I have dabbled here and there over the years yet not committing to it full time. Primary graphic designer for independent agents in an office setting and volunteer artist for local community groups I have kept my skills sharp. Growing my family to an even six children, I have discovered I am energized teaching students about science, history and even math - using hands on crafts and activities. We are stepping it up this year 2012. Going beyond our normal kids crafts, I am making an effort to have the children explore different mediums, textures, 2D and 3D art. We will examine arts from different cultures, eras of time and regions of the United States.
These are the actual art lessons I will be using with my girls ages 6 to 10.
With GREAT success I have created a series of art lessons for Fall. These lessons introduce the children to the elements of art. Teaching them to identify line, shape, color and then add form created with value and texture with varying brush strokes the children build confidence in their art vocabulary and skills. 
Classes are opening up on Tuesday afternoons and Thursday morning for the Sacramento and Elk Grove area. Please feel free to call or email for more information. Classes are set up on 4 week sessions and can be paid for via school funds from South Sutter or Heritage Peak Charter schools. Private pay is also available.